2.19.2010

Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy...

or Reiki for short. I visited a Reiki master yesterday and it was quite the experience. I'm a fairly skeptical person but tried my best to go in with an open mind.

Here's the explanation of Reiki in a nutshell:




Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.

My Reiki master, Laurie, (fuck, I feel so spacey just saying "my reiki master") is in her mid 50's and swears just as much as I do. But the second she looked at me I felt this odd connection. She told me things about myself that wear dead on. She is the most open, friendly, caring and non judgemental person I have ever met. But she tells it like it is. And frankly that's something I desperately need right now.

Now, I have been to a psychic and palm reader before so I understand their bullshit way of prodding with questions about your life and then "miraculously" forming general statements about your future and life.

This was not the same. Laurie just pressed her hand to my side, my head and would talk to me. I didn't feel anything profound in my body at the time, but the talk therapy had quite and effect on me. I spent the rest of yesterday quite emotional, going over everything she had said. It really opened my eyes.
In a nutshell (i'm really into nutshells today), I'm not really feeling like posting everything we discussed. Most of it hit home and I'm still trying to make sense of it all.



I don't quite know what to do with everything right now. I'm going to do my "homework" she assigned and go see her again in about a month. Maybe I'll update once I've done my assignments and see how it changes my outlook.

Or maybe it was just a huge waste of money. Fuckety fuck, I have to work on being a smidge more openminded.

Now, off to work I go to make money.

Fun fact about my reiki session: Laurie said I was the first person this year who's major issue, above anything else, was money. Ugh, could i BE more superficial?

No comments:

Post a Comment